Anyone who's ever had a soft-shell roof top tent will tell you: that darn PVC cover takes so long to take off and put back on. Plus, it's just dirty.
With the X-Cover, simply zip open the fabric side, open your tent, and be ready to camp in 2-3 minutes.
- Weight: 120lbs / 55kg
- Size (closed):75" x 45" x 10" / 190cm x 115cm x 26cm
- Size (open): 91" x 75" x 44" / 230cm x 190cm x 110cm
- Capacity: 3 adults / 2 adults & 2 children
- Materials: honeycomb aluminum (panels), poly-cotton canvas (tent)
NOTE: Above dimensions are approximate as the X-Cover is still in the prototype stage.
X-COVER IN THE NEWS:
The new iKamper X-Cover soft-shell RTT eliminates the need for a separate cover when the tent is collapsed on the roof. This is a first in the RTT segment that eliminates extra weight, setup/breakdown hassle, and the havoc a dirty cover blowing in the wind can cause on a vehicle’s paint job.
- Gear Junkie, "2018 Tools for All-Terrain Adventure"
iKamper is back innovating RTTs once again, this time with a soft-shell, fold-out RTT that looks to eliminate a big disadvantage of soft-shell, fold-out RTTs – the weatherproof cover. The new X-cover features an integrated hardtop cover with built-in roof bars, providing fast, simple overnight shelter and cargo hauling for your next big adventure.
- New Atlas, "iKamper makes vehicle adventure easier with coverless, gear-hauling roof tent"